Our Unique Approach
VideoLabs’ mission is to disrupt and transform the current model of patent licensing and significantly drive down the cost and risk of patents through our patent collective platform. This first-of-its-kind platform is designed to be efficient and fair to video patent users and owners. Leveraging an unparalleled amount of video patent intelligence, VideoLabs serves its members by pooling member contributions and acquiring only the patents of value to its members, which supports patent owners who have contributed important innovations.
For each portfolio VideoLabs acquires, it automatically provides a non-exclusive license to all Full Members. VideoLabs also notifies Flex Members and likely interested non-members that the newly acquired portfolio is available for non-exclusive licensing. VideoLabs holds open its offer to license the portfolio for a minimum of six months. After the offering period, VideoLabs will either divest the portfolio or license the portfolio directly. VideoLabs reinvests sale and licensing revenue to acquire additional patent rights for its members and licensees.
- To provide a low-cost, predictable and equitable membership fee structure
- To maintain a deep expertise on video patents and share that knowledge
- To solicit input from and be continually guided by members
- To partner with others in the industry who are motivated to reduce the cost and risk of patents
- To provide the best option for innovators who wish to receive fair, just and timely compensation for their patents
- To continually work to provide true, low cost design freedom in video for our members